The Garrison Church
This church, initially the Protestant Johann Bugenhagen Church (Bugenhagen Kirche), worshipping the church reformer in Pomerania, was constructed in 1906-1909 to the Neo-Gothic style. It was designed by Berlin master Jürgen Kröger. The interior design was consulted on with a Szczecin historian M. Wehrmann. The church hall is 35 m long, 23 m wide and 17 m high, whereas the spire is 65.5 m high. During the last War the church was partly destroyed. Its reconstruction started just after the War and in 1948 it was consecrated and donated to the Roman Catholic garrison parish.
The following features inside the church are especially worth noting:
- The Neo-Gothic altar made of limestone in 1908, and the pulpit made by R. Schimmer in 1909,
- The painting of the church patron, St Adalbert, and the painting of the Last Supper,
- Urns with the ashes and soil from the battlefields of Cedynia, Kołobrzeg, Podgaje and Siekierki,
- Paintings displaying four evangelists on the nave pillars,
- Pneumatic 16-voice organs made by Brandt of Wałcz (before the War the church had 36-voice organs),
- Bronze plates under arcades, displaying the eagle and the coats of arms of the cities in Western and Northern Poland,
- A stained-glass window over the main altar, showing the death of St Adalbert, and a stained-glass window over the choir loft, displaying St Cecily,
- A plate in the church-porch, commemorating the September soldiers and the participants in the Warsaw Uprising,
- Gratings under the choir loft, based on a design by Krystyna Bogdan and constructed by Szczecin craftsmen in 1972.