The first bridge on the western Odra River in Szczecin, built in 1283, connects part of the city which is located in Łasztownia with the center. From the beginning of the 14th century, it was the main passage towards Dąbie and the eastern part of Western Pomerania. Originally it was a wooden bridge, and from 1903 a drawbridge. After the destruction of the last war, it was rebuilt and put into use in 1959. Currently, it does not function as a drawbridge.