The improvement in municipal transport – signing the contract
Today, on 4th November, a contract concerning the implementation of the first stage of a municipal transport improvement programme was signed. The programme involves, among other things, the installation of electronic boards on bus stops, the opening of an information system available on the Internet and a via-text-message service, the implementation of an electronic bus pass, and the creation of a monitoring and municipal transport management centre.
The contract concerning “The creation and implementation of a system of management for municipal transport fleet vehicles in the City of Szczecin - stages 1 and 2 - as part of the Improvement in municipal transport in the Szczecin agglomeration with the use of telematic systems” - was signed by the Szczecin city Commune and the consortium of companies GMV Sistemas and GMV Innovating Solutions.
The scope of the contract includes the delivery, installation, opening and ensuring of the full functionality of the Municipal Transport Management Central System.
The implementation of this project will include 2 stages.
The first stage is to be implemented during the first three months after the contract has been signed and will encompass the implementation of a pilot project that obliges the contractor to:
- provide 10 buses, chosen by the commissioner, with onboard computers, driver interfaces, voice and text communication systems, and alarm buttons
- provide and activate a server for pilot project management
- provide and activate one controller stand (ZDiTM)
- provide 1 bus with a CCTV system (1 recording device and 4 cameras)
During the implementation of the first stage the contractor will provide, activate and ensure full functionality of:
- two chief-controller stands for the Office of Municipal Roads and Transport Management (Zarząd Dróg i Transportu Miejskiego)
- full onboard equipment necessary to implement the fleet vehicle management system and offer dynamic passenger information i.e. onboard computers, alarm buttons, door opening sensors, and voice communication systems for 250 buses
- onboard computers and voice communication systems for 10 technical service vehicles
- full onboard equipment necessary to implement the fleet vehicle management system and offer dynamic passenger information (sensors or gates installed in all vehicle doors) as well as a CCTV system in 10 vehicles chosen by the commissioner(recording appliances and cameras)
- 10 LED dynamic passenger information boards at, among others, the Kołłątaja terminus, the Basen Górniczy terminus, the Głębokie terminus, and the Pl. Rodła terminus.
- a website for passengers
- a central screen (the so called video wall consisting of 9 monitors of min. 47” diagonal screen size each) installed in the Central Traffic Unit in the headquarters of the Office of Municipal Roads and Transport Management
Moreover 100 (tram) drivers and chief controllers will undergo training.
The Contractor will, during the 2nd stage, i.e. 8 months after the contract has been signed, activate and ensure the full functionality of:
- all other controller stands,
- full onboard equipment necessary to implement the fleet vehicle management system and offer dynamic passenger information i.e. onboard computers, alarm buttons, door opening sensors, voice communication systems for 110 tram buses
- onboard computers and voice communication systems for 50 technical service vehicles
- full onboard equipment necessary to implement the passenger flow counting system (sensors and gates installed in all vehicle doors) for the 10 buses that have been provided with a CCTV system (recording appliance and cameras) during the first stage
- 5 LED dynamic passenger information boards
- dynamic passenger information systems available via text messaging system
- wireless access point for passenger information (Bluetooth)
- 3 stands available for future pass personalisation (3 points offering electronic bus passes)
- 30 top-up points (i.e. 30 ticket offices of ZDiTM) situated across the Szczecin City Commune
- 70 control readers
- 50000 cards.
Moreover, training for 50 (tram) drivers, personalization -point workers, salespersons, and ticket inspectors will be provided.
The value of the contract is PLN 6 868 484.73 gross.